Our Chambers-rated team has extensive experience in all areas of intellectual property law, both in drafting and negotiating contracts for clients to protecting your intellectual property rights and defending or enforcing clients' claims through litigation.
Whatever your size or relevant sector, we ensure we tailor our advice and documentation according to your requirements and business needs.
We act for all types of businesses, from start-ups to multi-national companies as well as charities and public sector bodies, in many sectors, including telecommunications and retail.
Intellectual property contracts
We specialise in drafting and negotiating intellectual property agreements and advise clients on intellectual property clauses contained in commercial agreements. The types of contracts we negotiate and draft are:
- non-disclosure agreements/confidentiality agreements
- licences and assignments involving trade marks, copyrights, designs, patents and other intellectual property
- co-operation and joint venture agreements involving intellectual property
- research and development agreements
- manufacturing agreements
- commissioning and consultancy agreements
- merchandising, franchising and sponsorship agreements
- other commercial agreements that involve intellectual property
Intellectual property disputes
We help clients with protecting and defending their intellectual property rights by advising them on:
- trade mark and passing off
- litigation patent litigation
- design litigation
- copyright litigation
- breach of confidentially restrictions
- dispute resolution services involving intellectual property
Recent client case studies
Our litigation partner, Paul Gordon represented Total Ltd in a high-profile High Court case which resulted in a ruling that YouView (a joint venture involving the major TV channels and broadband providers, to include the BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, BT, TalkTalk and Arqiva and was previously chaired by Lord Sugar) infringed a trade mark owned by our client, an independent telecommunications company based in the South West.
We advised a large national distributor whose operations include over 400 stores on an alleged patent, copyright and unregistered design right infringement with potentially significant sums due to the level of sales of the alleged infringing products. Our knowledge of the clients’ business and wholesale and retail operation assisted with the defence of the claim and the case successfully settled prior to trial.
To receive future issues please contact Lesley Kadwell