Digital marketing executive (part-time)
This position has now closed.
Willans LLP has a solid reputation for providing first-class legal advice, high-calibre yet approachable lawyers, and exceptional client care to local, national and international clients.
A rare opportunity has arisen for an exceptional copywriter with digital marketing know-how to join our marketing team working with our head of marketing and marketing assistant.
No two days are the same here – whether you’re whipping up a press release, working on digital content to better our SEO, designing an advert or creating video content for a new campaign – as a member of the marketing team you’ll undertake a broad range of day-to-day tasks to support the firm’s marketing function. You will also play a key role in helping to shape and grow our digital marketing strategy to support lawyers across multi-disciplinary teams.
You’re joining at an exciting time ahead our 75 years in business milestone.
A bit about the role:
- Copywriting such as drafting press releases, copy for event invitations and creating digital content for website and social media platforms. Proofing lawyers’ articles and their client information/legal guides.
- Feeding into our digital marketing strategy to include spotting opportunities for growth (alongside head of marketing and our agency) and drafting content (in conjunction with the lawyers) for SEO gain as well as SEM/PPC management (working with our agency). Responsible for content creation for digital platforms.
- Creating artwork for adverts, bulletins, events, promotional goods etc and for digital marketing use
- Collating, proofing and designing newsletters and bulletins
- Website management to include selecting and resizing images, uploading articles, campaigns, event details, job vacancies, press releases and new starter news etc
- Social media campaigns and planning to build audiences; creating graphics and videos, finding/ drafting legal tweets; content for LinkedIn updates etc; coordinating awareness week campaigns; analytics and reporting.
- Help with PR and liaising with lawyers and editors to generate regular thought leadership/ expert columns; monitor local/regional media for reports about the firm.
- Help the wider marketing team and other staff, as and when required.
A bit about what we need from you:
- A confident copywriter who can write clear and compelling copy for various platforms
- An experienced digital marketing professional with solid working knowledge of SEO and SEM/PPC
- Someone who has an eye for design and can artwork most things
- Experience of Adobe Creative Suite such as Photoshop, Indesign, Spark etc (desirable)
- Proficient in using IT and social media for business
- Has attention to detail, is organised with excellent time management skills and has good interpersonal skills (the role involves working with people at all levels)
- A marketing qualification or a relevant degree/ qualification in a related field.
A bit about us:
Willans has a reputation for its friendly and supportive working environment, employing around 90 people with Regency offices overlooking one of Cheltenham’s iconic parks.
Offering training and career development opportunities is just a small part of how we invest in our people.
Our lively calendar of relaxed social events ranges from in-house baking competitions and quiz nights through to pizza evenings. We also support countless initiatives around the county from events at Cheltenham Festival to University of Gloucestershire law school. Our charity committee also organise fundraisers across the firm to support our charity of the year, and we have a green committee which helps champion environmentally-friendly improvements across our offices from in-house composting and recycling outlets to energy efficiencies and carbon footprint reductions.
We offer a competitive salary and pension scheme, health benefits (Medicash), 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata) and excellent working conditions.
Contract: permanent, subject to a satisfactory probationary period
Hours per week: Part time but full time may be considered.
Please send us your cv with a covering letter for the attention of our head of marketing and business development, Felicity McClintock.Apply for this role
Willans is an equal opportunities employer.
To find out how your personal data could be used as part of our recruitment process please click here to read our privacy notice for candidates.