60 glorious years of Willans
We are happy to be celebrating our diamond anniversary this year – sixty years is an accomplishment that our founder, Alec Willans, would have been proud of.
The firm began life in 1947, above an optician at 49 Clarence Street and moved to 28 Imperial Square in 1954.
We have been known variously as Willans & Co (1961) Willans & Gyles (1975) Willans Stannard & Davey (1987), reverting to the original name Willans in the early 90s. Over the past 15 years or so we have expanded considerably and taken on three additional buildings in the square.
We have twelve partners, six associates, three consultants and more than 70 people in total – enabling us to combine the integrity that has always been central to Willans, with legal hitting power.
Take it from us that many of the largest law firms in the country have learned that a law firm should not be judged by size alone!