Wills, trusts & probate paralegal vacancy
This position has closed
An opportunity has arisen for a paralegal to join our friendly wills, trusts & probate team to support the partner and lawyers in relation to the drafting of wills and the administration of trusts and estates.
Why join us?
Willans LLP is a full service law firm noted for giving expert, practical and personal service to local, national and international clients. We employ around 100 people at our Regency offices on Imperial Square in Cheltenham.
Our wills, trusts & probate team is one of the largest in the county and is rated in prestigious national legal guides The Legal 500 and Chambers.
Our clients are based in Cheltenham and beyond, and include business owners and farming families, as well as elderly and vulnerable individuals. Our team has expertise in dealing with high net worth estates and trusts, as well as matters relating to mental capacity.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, bright and personable with a “can do” attitude and wants to build their career in this area of the law. The successful candidate’s role will include:
- inputting information relating to clients and their assets into our case management software system
- preparing first drafts of basic documents
- attending client meetings with lawyers and subsequent preparation of attendance notes
- file opening, archiving and billing
- assisting in marketing activities such as writing newsletters and assisting in the preparation of seminars
- other ad hoc paralegal/admin duties.
The successful candidate will also:
- be proactive, motivated and able to manage your workload effectively. You will need excellent communication skills, since the role will involve plenty of client contact and will be kept busy on a variety of different matters
- need to have excellent time management; we will be relying on you to ensure that deadlines are met and enquiries are dealt with quickly and efficiently
- have excellent IT skills and be able to familiarise yourself with our legal software packages quickly
- possess strong analytical and research skills
- be a strong team player
- be university degree qualified. A law degree or LPC qualification (including the Private Client elective module) would be highly desirable
- possess a full, clean driving licence as occasional (local) offsite visits may be required.
Along with these, previous paralegal experience within a wills, trusts & probate department would be highly desirable.
A bit about us
Willans offers a caring working culture with a reputation for its friendly and supportive working environment.
Offering training and career development opportunities is just a small part of how we invest in our people. We will support and guide you in building your individual profile, offering opportunities for you to get involved in marketing initiatives both online and offline, including local networking events and functions.
Our lively calendar of fun and relaxed social events ranges from in-house baking competitions and quiz nights, right through to pizza evenings. We also support countless initiatives around the county, from events at the Cheltenham Festivals to University of Gloucestershire law school. Our charity committee also organise fundraisers across the firm to support our charity of the year.
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a good range of benefits, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and excellent working conditions. Our central Cheltenham offices overlook one of the town’s iconic parks.
To apply please write or email your CV, with a covering letter, to:
28 Imperial Square
Cheltenham GL50 1RH
Willans is an equal opportunities employer.