Property litigation lawyer (full-time)
Willans LLP is a full-service law firm with a solid reputation in providing first-class legal advice, high-calibre yet approachable lawyers, and exceptional client care to local, national and overseas clients. We employ around 90 people from our Regency offices in Cheltenham.
Our Legal 500-rated litigation & dispute resolution team is known for handling an impressive range of commercial disputes including intellectual property, partnership, property and contractual claims as well as having a solid reputation for contentious landlord and tenant work and contentious probate matters. The team can also offer in-house mediation services.
An opportunity has arisen for a property litigation lawyer who is ideally 4 years’ post qualification experience to join our 8-strong team.
The successful candidate is joining us at an exciting time of expansion and will work closely with a partner advising on a wide range of property matters as well as supporting lawyers in our wider commercial property team.
A bit about what we need from you
- You will have around 4 years post-qualification experience in litigation. You will have good prior experience of property litigation, in particular relating to commercial landlord and tenant matters, including 1954 Act renewals, dilapidations claims and enforcement of lease covenants. Some experience of real property litigation would be an asset.
- You will be enthusiastic, bright and personable with a “can do” attitude and are keen to build your career in this field.
- You will be proactive, motivated and able to manage your workload effectively. You will need strong communication skills.
- You will need to have excellent case management skills as we will be relying on you to ensure that deadlines are met and enquiries are dealt with quickly and efficiently.
- You will also possess strong analytical and research skills.
- You will be a strong team player and IT savvy.
A bit about what the role may include:
- providing telephone, email, virtual and face-to-face advice to clients on a wide range of legal matters
- supporting senior lawyers with larger, more complex litigation
- providing advice to our commercial property lawyers
- managing your own caseload
- helping with department and firm-wide marketing initiatives including presentations to property professionals.
A bit about us
Willans has a reputation for its friendly and supportive working environment.
Offering training and career development opportunities is just a small part of how we invest in our people. We will support and guide you in building your individual profile, offering opportunities for you to get involved in marketing initiatives both online and offline, including local networking events and functions.
When we aren’t in a pandemic, our lively calendar of relaxed social events ranges from in-house baking competitions and quiz nights through to pizza evenings. We also support countless initiatives around the county from events at Cheltenham Festivals to the University of Gloucestershire Law School. Our charity committee also organise fundraisers across the firm to support our charity of the year, and we have a green committee which helps champion environmentally-friendly improvements across our offices from in-house composting and recycling outlets to energy efficiencies and carbon footprint reductions.
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a pension scheme, health benefits, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and excellent working conditions. Our central Cheltenham offices overlook one of the town’s iconic parks.
To apply please email us your CV with a covering letter for the attention of Bridget Redmond, our managing partner.
28 Imperial Square
Cheltenham GL50 1RH
Willans is an equal opportunities employer.
To find out how your personal data could be used as part of our recruitment process please read our privacy notice for candidates.