Marketing manager vacancy
This position has closed
Established in the 1940s, Willans LLP is a full-service law firm that holds a solid reputation for providing first-class legal advice, high-calibre yet approachable lawyers, and exceptional client care to local, national and international clients.
A rare opportunity has arisen for a senior marketing professional to join the Legal 500 and Chambers-rated firm to spearhead its marketing and business development activity in line with key stakeholders’ aims, and oversee the firm’s capable, hardworking marketing team.
To thrive in this role you’ll be an experienced marketing ‘all-rounder’ with a deep understanding of professional services, ideally with a legal marketing background.
You’ll have energy and vision yet will be happy to roll your sleeves up to implement tasks to support the team in delivering the marketing and business development needs of the firm.
A bit about the role (this is not an exhaustive list):
- have overall responsibility for advising on and implementing the firm’s marketing activities and initiatives to include helping to develop the strategic direction of the firm’s marketing in accordance with objectives set by the partners
- have line management responsibility to include day-to-day management and development of a marketing team
- manage a budget
- work with heads of departments on marketing plans and individual lawyers’ marketing plans
- manage the firm’s digital marketing activities
- generate PR, case studies and be the first port of call for media enquiries
- manage advertising and sponsorship campaigns
- manage internal communications
- manage external agencies
- have overall responsibility for brand management and corporate identity
- attend meetings and presentations
- help spearhead new business activity amongst lawyers.
A bit about what we need from you:
- An experienced ‘all-rounder’ marketing professional with a broad skillset as you’ll be leading a team working across the full marketing mix
- Experience in managing and developing a marketing team
- Experience of working in professional services; the ideal candidate will have experience of working in a legal practice. An understanding of the difference in marketing strategies needed in the context of B2C and B2B would be desirable.
- CIM qualification and/or degree (preferably marketing)
- Outstanding digital marketing expertise – SEO, PPC knowledge is a must
- Excellent copywriting skills would be advantageous
- Good interpersonal skills (the role involves working with people at all levels)
- Ability to meet deadlines and to remain calm and effective under pressure
- Strong IT skills. Design software skills (preferably Adobe Creative Suite to include InDesign, Photoshop, Express) would be advantageous.
- Ability to champion the firm, its management and project the image and ethos of the firm at all times
- Knowledge of client relationship management software (knowledge of SOS case management software would be advantageous).
We offer a competitive salary and pension scheme, health benefits, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and excellent working conditions.
Contract: Permanent, subject to a satisfactory probationary period.
Hours per week: We envisage the position as full-time however, part-time may be considered. There is also the potential for this role to offer working from home one or two days a week, and for some flexibility around hours for the right candidate.
Please send us your cv with a covering letter that tells us why you’d be great for this role. Contact Bridget Redmond, managing partner, via our website button below:Apply for this role
Willans is an equal opportunities employer.
To find out how your personal data could be used as part of our recruitment process please click here to read our privacy notice for candidates.