This position has closed
Willans LLP has a solid reputation for providing first-class legal advice, high-calibre yet approachable lawyers, and exceptional client care to local, national and international clients.
A rare opportunity has arisen for a motivated and enthusiastic marketing assistant to join our marketing team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about marketing and will enjoy a wide variety of marketing and administrative tasks.
You’re joining us at an exciting time. The firm is celebrating its 75 years in business milestone this year; we’re refurbishing our office space to reflect our modern and progressive values and we’ve recently pledged our support to the town’s climate-change campaign, CheltenhamZero.
A bit about the role:
You’ll be supporting a small, busy marketing team with tasks such as:
- updating our website to include selecting and resizing images, uploading campaigns, job vacancies and articles
- assisting with design to include creating artwork for adverts, bulletins, events, promotional goods etc and for digital marketing use
- assisting with creating and editing videos
- assisting with social media
- monitoring the press and maintaining our coverage log
- helping to update/maintain our database and mailing lists
- working with departments to keep mailing lists in good order
- keeping the firm’s key dates log up-to-date
- supporting the wider marketing team and other staff, as and when required with marketing and administrative tasks.
What we’re looking for in you:
- You’ll have a marketing or videography qualification or relevant training with some experience in a marketing role, ideally in an office environment
- You’ll have an eye for design. Experience of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign, Photoshop and video creation and editing software is desirable.
- You’ll enjoy a role with variety and will be a fantastic multi-tasker
- You’ll have attention to detail, be organised and can meet deadlines
- Good copy writing skills is a must, strong IT skills and familiarisation with using social media for business
- Good interpersonal skills (the role may involve working with people at all levels)
- Experience in SEO, PPC is desirable.
A bit about us:
Willans has a reputation for its friendly and supportive working environment, employing around 100 people with Regency offices overlooking one of Cheltenham’s iconic parks.
Offering training and career development opportunities is just a small part of how we invest in our people.
Our lively calendar of relaxed social events ranges from in-house baking competitions and quiz nights through to pizza evenings. We also support countless initiatives around the county from events at Cheltenham Festival to University of Gloucestershire law school. Our charity committee also organise fundraisers across the firm to support our charity of the year, and we have a green committee which helps champion environmentally-friendly improvements across our offices from in-house composting and recycling outlets to energy efficiencies and carbon footprint reductions.
We offer a competitive salary and pension scheme, health benefits (Medicash), 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and excellent working conditions.
Contract: permanent, subject to a satisfactory probationary period
Hours per week: Full time
Please send us your cv with a covering letter that tells us why you’d be great for this role. Contact Felicity McClintock, our head of marketing and business development, via:Apply now
Willans is an equal opportunities employer.
To find out how your personal data could be used as part of our recruitment process please click here to read our privacy notice for candidates.