The latest statutory limits
This is a reminder of the latest statutory limits (at July 2010).
- No change this year to the limit on a week’s pay for the purposes of calculating redundancy payments. It remains at £380 until February 2011 at the earliest.
- The daily maximum guarantee payment during short-time or temporary lay-off decreased to £21.20 from 1 February 2010.
- Maternity, paternity and adoption pay and maternity allowance increased to £124.88 a week (or 90 per cent of normal weekly earnings if lower) from 1 April 2010.
- Statutory sick pay remains at £79.15 a week.
- Changes to the minimum wage from 1 October 2010:
– adult rate rises from £5.80 to £5.93: now applies to workers aged 21+ (previously 22+)
– rate for 16-17 year olds rises from £3.57 to £3.64
– new apprentice rate of £2.50 to be introduced: will apply to apprentices under 19 or those 19+ but in the first year of their apprenticeship.
If you need clear and pragmatic legal advice, we’re here to help so please get in touch.