Paralegal (full time)
This position has closed
We are a full-service law firm noted for giving expert, practical and personal service to local, national and international clients.
Willans LLP has a solid reputation for providing first-class legal advice, high-calibre yet approachable lawyers, and exceptional client care to local, national and international clients.
A bit about the role
An opportunity has arisen for a friendly and motivated individual to join our highly regarded real estate team as a paralegal. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a professional firm where service is paramount.
You will be assisting the lawyers to deal with their large and varied caseloads. This will include:
- transactional support for the real estate partners and solicitors in the team
- dealing with Land Registry and Companies House registrations
- preparation of contract and auction packs
- marketing activities such as writing content for articles and assisting in the preparation of seminars
- opening files and dealing with initial correspondence to clients and others and also compliance issues (such as anti-money laundering)
- audio typing and producing letters and documents
- liaising with the firm’s accounts department regarding payments and receipts relating to client matters and producing invoices
- other ad hoc paralegal/admin duties.
A bit about what we need from you
- You will also possess strong analytical and research skills.
- You will need to have excellent case management skills; we will be relying on you to ensure that deadlines are met and enquiries are dealt with quickly and efficiently
- You may have worked in a property department before, and you may have some familiarity with this area of work (but this is not essential if you are motivated and keen to learn).
- You will be proactive, motivated, and highly organised, with an ability to manage your workload effectively and efficiently.
- You will have excellent communication skills since the role will involve plenty of contact with clients and other solicitors.
- You will be a team player.
- You will have good IT skills and ideally have experience in using case management software (the firm uses SOS Connect).
- You will thrive on working hard and enjoy being in a very busy environment.
A bit about us
Willans employs around 100 people from our regency offices overlooking the park on Imperial Square in Cheltenham. We provide a friendly and supportive working environment and the opportunity for hybrid working across the firm.
Our lively calendar of relaxed social events ranges from in-house baking competitions and quiz nights through to pizza evenings. We also support countless initiatives around the county from events at Cheltenham Festival to University of Gloucestershire law school. Our charity committee also organise fundraisers across the firm to support our charity of the year, and we have a green committee which helps champion environmentally-friendly improvements across our offices from in-house composting and recycling outlets to energy efficiencies and carbon footprint reductions.
Contract: permanent, subject to a satisfactory probationary period
Hours per week: Full time (Monday to Friday 9am-5:30pm with an hour for lunch)
Start date: Asap
Remuneration: As well as a competitive salary and pension, we offer a range of staff benefits including medical cover, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and excellent working conditions.
To apply please email us your CV with a covering letter for the attention of Bridget Redmond, our managing partner.Apply now
Willans is an equal opportunities employer.
To find out how your personal data could be used as part of our recruitment process please read our privacy notice for candidates.