Legal accounts assistant vacancy (full-time)
This has now closed.
We have a solid reputation for providing first-class legal advice, high-calibre yet approachable lawyers, and exceptional client care to local, national and international clients.
An opportunity has arisen for a friendly and motivated individual to join the accounts team providing assistance to the accounts manager and colleagues in the day-to-day running of the team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a professional firm where service is paramount.
A bit about the role
The role will assist our accounts manager and the department at all times in the fulfilment of the department’s responsibilities to the firm (as such, knowledge and experience of working in compliance with the SRA’s Accounts Rules is not a pre-requisite).
The job will cover assistance with, but is not limited to:
- checking client ID details for money laundering purposes
- purchase ledger
- checking bills and completion statements
- posting debits and credits
- cheque printing
- inputting same day and three day electronic payments
- interest calculations
- taking payments by debit/credit card using card terminal and online portal
- filing and general clerical duties
- posting bills
- general queries from clients and staff
- credit control
- daily bank reconciliation
- transfer journals
- other tasks relating to the accounts department as delegated by the accounts manager.
A bit about what we need from you
- Experience of working in a busy accounts department
- Excellent attention to detail
- High level of numeracy
- Tidy and efficient record keeping
- Good telephone manner
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (the job involves some direct dealings with clients)
- Strong IT skills particularly in using Excel.
Desirable skills (advantageous but not essential as training will be given):
- Similar experience of working in a legal or professional services environment
- Up-to-date knowledge of the SRA accounts rules
- Experience of using SOS Practice Manager or other legal accounting software.
A bit about us
Willans employs around 90 people at our four Regency offices overlooking the park on Imperial Square in Cheltenham. We provide a friendly and supportive working environment.
Contract: Permanent, subject to a satisfactory probationary period.
Hours per week: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
Start date: ASAP
Remuneration: As well as a competitive salary and pension, we offer a range of staff benefits including medical cover, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and excellent working conditions.
To apply please email your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com, for the attention of Bridget Redmond, managing partner.
Willans is an equal opportunities employer.
To find out how your personal data could be used as part of our recruitment process please read our privacy notice for candidates.