Wills, trusts & probate paralegal
Please note, this vacancy is now closed
We are a full-service law firm noted for giving expert, practical and personal service to local, national and international clients. We employ around 80 people at our Regency offices on Imperial Square, Cheltenham.
Our wills, trusts and probate team is one of the largest in the county and is rated in prestigious national legal guides The Legal 500 and Chambers High Net Worth.
Our clients are based in Cheltenham and beyond, and include business owners and farming families, as well as elderly and vulnerable individuals. Our team has expertise in dealing with high net worth estates and those with overseas assets.
A bit about the role
An opportunity has arisen for a paralegal to join our friendly wills, trusts and probate team. The role will involve supporting the partner and lawyers in the team in relation to the drafting of wills and the administration of trusts and estates.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, bright and personable with a “can do” attitude and wants to build their career in this area of the law. The role will include:
- inputting information relating to clients and their assets into our case management software system.
- preparing first drafts of basic documents
- preparation of disclosure bundles
- file opening, archiving and billing
- assisting in marketing activities such as writing newsletters and assisting in the preparation of seminars
- other ad hoc paralegal/admin duties.
A bit about what we need from you
- You will be proactive, motivated and able to manage your workload effectively. You will need excellent communication skills, since the role will involve plenty of client contact and will be kept busy on a variety of different transactions.
- You will need to have excellent time management; we will be relying on you to ensure that deadlines are met and enquiries are dealt with quickly and efficiently
- You will have excellent IT skills and be able to familiarise yourself with our legal software packages quickly.
- You will also possess strong analytical and research skills.
- You will be a strong team player.
- A law degree or LPC qualification would be desirable but is not essential.
- Previous paralegal experience within a wills trust and probate department would be desirable but is not essential.
A bit about us
Willans offers a caring working culture with a reputation for its friendly and supportive working environment.
Offering training and career development opportunities is just a small part of how we invest in our people. We will support and guide you in building your individual profile, offering opportunities for you to get involved in marketing initiatives both online and offline, including local networking events and functions.
Our lively calendar of fun and relaxed social events ranges from in-house baking competitions and quiz nights through to pizza evenings. We also support countless initiatives around the county from events at Cheltenham Festivals to the University of Gloucestershire law school. Our charity committee also organise fundraisers across the firm to support our charity of the year.
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and excellent working conditions. Our central Cheltenham offices overlook one of the town’s iconic parks.
To apply please write or email your CV, with a covering letter, to:
28 Imperial Square
Cheltenham GL50 1RH
Willans is an equal opportunities employer.Apply now
Willans is an equal opportunities employer.
To find out how your personal data could be used as part of our recruitment process please read our privacy notice for candidates.