Residential property paralegal vacancy
This position has closed.
Willans LLP is a full service law firm noted for giving expert, practical and personal service to local, national and international clients. We employ around 100 people at our Regency offices on Imperial Square in Cheltenham.
Our residential property team is one of the largest in the county and has an excellent reputation.
An opportunity has arisen for a paralegal to join the team to support one of our lawyers with their interesting and varied caseload, which includes a large amount of leasehold enfranchisement work, transfers, first registrations as well as less usual residential property dealings.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, bright and personable with a “can do” attitude and wants to build their career in residential property.
A bit about what we need from you:
- You will be proactive, motivated and able to manage your workload effectively. You will need excellent communication skills, since the role will involve plenty of client contact and you will be kept busy on a variety of different transactions
- You will need to have excellent case management skills; we will be relying on you to ensure that deadlines are met and enquiries are dealt with quickly and efficiently
- You will also possess strong analytical and research skills
- You will be a strong team player and IT savvy
- You will be University degree qualified. A law degree or LPC qualification would be desirable but is not essential
- Previous paralegal experience within residential property would be desirable but is not essential.
A bit about what the role may include:
- Providing general support to the lawyers in the team
- Assisting with matter opening and ”on boarding” of new clients (in accordance with our AML procedures)
- Assisting in the progression of matters from start to finish
- Some Audio dictation will be involved
- Preparation of applications for the Land Registry
- Assisting with the preparation of participation agreements in respect of collective enfranchisement and RTM applications
- Assisting with transactional conveyancing matters (sales and purchases) including preparation of sales contracts
- Marketing activities such as writing newsletters and assisting in the preparation of seminars
- Other ad hoc paralegal/admin duties.
A bit about us:
Willans offers a caring working culture with a reputation for its friendly and supportive working environment.
Offering training and career development opportunities is just a small part of how we invest in our people. We will support and guide you in building your individual profile, offering opportunities for you to get involved in marketing initiatives both online and offline, including local networking events and functions.
We have a lively calendar of fun and relaxed social events. We also support countless initiatives around the county from events at Cheltenham Festivals to University of Gloucestershire law school. Our charity committee, organise fundraisers across the firm to support our charity of the year and our active green committee organise staff events, such as little picks, and instigate initiates to improve our carbon footprint.
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a pension scheme, medical cashplan and group life cover as well as 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and excellent working conditions. Our central Cheltenham offices overlook one of the town’s iconic parks.
To apply please write or email your cv, with a covering letter, to:
28 Imperial Square
Cheltenham GL50 1RH
Willans is an equal opportunities employer.