Family lawyer vacancy (full-time or part-time)
This vacancy has now closed.
Willans LLP is a full-service law firm noted for giving expert, practical and personal service to local, national and international clients. We employ around 80 people at our Regency offices on Imperial Square in Cheltenham.
We have a solid reputation for providing first-class legal advice, high-calibre yet approachable lawyers, and exceptional client care to local, national and international clients.
Due to expansion of this successful and well-regarded team, a rare opportunity has arisen for a bright and motivated lawyer to join our niche family law department. This is an exceptional opportunity to work in a Legal 500-rated team alongside lawyers with outstanding personal reputations.
The role could be tailored to suit a more senior lawyer (10 + years PQE) on a part time basis, or a 5-10 year PQE lawyer on a full time basis.
A bit about what we need from you
- You will be a qualified solicitor or CILEx of a minimum of 5 years’ PQE in family law.
- You will have good experience in dealing with financial settlement on divorce
- You will have a sharp intellect, be motivated and a “self-starter” able to take full advantage of the fantastic opportunity that this position offers.
- You have good client care skills and an ability to demonstrate an appropriate level of empathy when dealing with clients in this most personal area of law, whilst being efficient, focussed and commercially minded.
- You will be collaboratively trained and/or adopt a collaborative approach to your work.
- You will be a strong team player and IT savvy.
- You may have a good referral network
A bit about what the role may include:
- responsibility for your own caseload with limited supervision
- dealing with privately funded matters (our firm is unable to deal with publicly funded work)
- managing a caseload that will include a broad range of family law work, with an emphasis on financial settlement
- helping with department and firm-wide marketing initiatives.
A bit about us
Willans has a reputation for its friendly and supportive working environment.
Offering training and career development opportunities is just a small part of how we invest in our people. We will support and guide you in building your individual profile, offering opportunities for you to get involved in marketing initiatives both online and offline, including local networking events and functions.
Our lively calendar of relaxed social events ranges from in-house baking competitions and quiz nights through to pizza evenings. We also support countless initiatives around the county from events at Cheltenham Festival to University of Gloucestershire law school. Our charity committee also organise fundraisers across the firm to support our charity of the year.
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a pension scheme, health benefits, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and excellent working conditions. Our central Cheltenham offices overlook one of the town’s iconic parks.
To apply please write or email your cv, with a covering letter, to:
28 Imperial Square
Cheltenham GL50 1RH
Willans is an equal opportunities employer.
To find out how your personal data could be used as part of our recruitment process please read our privacy notice for candidates.