Willans LLP is a leading Gloucestershire law firm noted for giving expert, practical and personal service to private clients, businesses and charities and not-for-profit organisations.
We have a solid reputation for providing first-class legal advice, high-calibre yet approachable lawyers, and exceptional client care to local, national and international clients.
Our residential property team offers a high quality service for individuals and has an outstanding reputation for excellence and efficiency. Our aim is to provide a service to clients that is second to none. We were the first law firm in Cheltenham to gain the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme Accreditation.
We are offering an exceptional opportunity for a bright, motivated individual to join our residential property department to assist one of our senior lawyers.
A bit about the role
Working alongside one of the senior lawyers in the residential property team, you will be assisting the lawyer to deal with their large and varied caseload.
This will include:
- Opening files and dealing with initial correspondence to clients and others and also compliance issues (such as anti-money laundering).
- Audio typing and producing letters and documents.
- Submitting search applications and preparation of SDLT form.
- Liaising with the firm’s accounts department regarding payments and receipts relating to client matters and producing invoices.
- Subject to supervision, liaising with clients and third parties as directed.
A bit about what we need from you
- You will have worked in a residential property department before, possibly as a secretary or as a conveyancing or admin assistant and will have some familiarity with the residential conveyancing process.
- You will be proactive, motivated, and highly organised, with an ability to manage your workload effectively and efficiently.
- You will have excellent communication skills since the role will involve plenty of contact with clients, estate agents, and other solicitors.
- You will be a team player.
- You will have good IT skills and have experience in using case management software (the firm uses SOS Connect).
- You will thrive on working hard and enjoy being in a very busy environment.
A bit about us
Willans employs around 80 people at our four Regency offices overlooking the park on Imperial Square in Cheltenham. We provide a friendly and supportive working environment.
Contract: Permanent, subject to a satisfactory probationary period
Hours per week: Full time (office hours are Monday to Friday 9am-5.15pm)
Remuneration: As well as a competitive salary and pension, we offer a range of staff benefits including medical cover, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and excellent working conditions.
To apply please email your CV, with a covering letter, to:
email@example.com, for the attention of Bridget Redmond, managing partner.Apply now
Willans is an equal opportunities employer.
To find out how your personal data could be used as part of our recruitment process please read our privacy notice for candidates.