Conveyancing completions clerk – full time
Please note, this vacancy is now closed
We are a leading Gloucestershire law firm noted for giving expert, practical and personal service to private clients, businesses and charities and not-for-profit organisations.
We have a solid reputation for providing first-class legal advice, high-calibre yet approachable lawyers, and exceptional client care to local, national and international clients.
Our residential property team offers a high quality service for individuals and has an outstanding reputation for excellence and efficiency. Our aim is to provide a service to clients that is second-to-none. We were the first law firm in Cheltenham to gain the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme Accreditation.
A bit about the role
An opportunity has arisen for a bright, motivated individual to join our residential property department to deal with transactions from exchange of contracts through to post-completion.
Working alongside the lawyers and support staff in the residential property team, you will be responsible for residential sale and purchase transactions from the point of exchange of contracts through to post completion.
This will include:
- obtaining mortgage redemption statements and finalising completion statements for clients prior to completion
- liaising with clients prior to completion to ensure funds are in place and to deal with queries
- ensuring documentation is in place prior to completion
- undertaking pre-completion searches
- preparing forms for the accounts department for completion
- submission of SDLT forms and ensuring all relevant payments are made on completion
- dealing with redemptions of mortgages, land registration and all other post completion formalities
A bit about what we need from you
- You will have extensive experience of working in a residential property department, possibly as a secretary or as a conveyancing assistant, and will be familiar with the residential conveyancing process.
- You will be proactive, motivated, and highly organised, with an ability to manage your workload effectively and efficiently.
- You will have excellent communication skills since the role will involve plenty of contact with clients, estate agents, and other solicitors.
- You will be a team player.
- You will have good IT skills.
- You will thrive on working hard and enjoy being in a very busy environment.
A bit about us
Willans offers a caring working culture with a reputation for its friendly and supportive working environment.
Offering training and career development opportunities is just a small part of how we invest in our people. We will support and guide you in building your individual profile, offering opportunities for you to get involved in marketing initiatives both online and offline, including local networking events and functions.
Our lively calendar of fun and relaxed social events ranges from in-house baking competitions and quiz nights through to pizza evenings. We also support countless initiatives around the county from events at Cheltenham Festivals to the University of Gloucestershire law school. Our charity committee also organise fundraisers across the firm to support our charity of the year.
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and excellent working conditions. Our central Cheltenham offices overlook one of the town’s iconic parks.
To apply please write or email your CV, with a covering letter, to:
28 Imperial Square
Cheltenham GL50 1RH
Willans is an equal opportunities employer.Apply now
To find out how your personal data could be used as part of our recruitment process please read our privacy notice for candidates.