Accounts assistant vacancy (full-time)
We have a solid reputation for providing first-class legal advice, high-calibre yet approachable lawyers, and exceptional client care to local, national and international clients.
An opportunity has arisen for a friendly and motivated individual to join the accounts team to provide assistance to the accounts manager and colleagues in the day-to-day running of the team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a professional firm where service is paramount.
A bit about the role
The role will assist our accounts manager predominantly with the management accounting functions within our accounts department (as such, knowledge and experience of working in compliance with the SRA’s Accounts Rules is not a pre-requisite).
This is a new role and will include, but is not limited to:
- dealing with the firm’s overhead purchase ledger
- analysis and posting of the firm’s company credit card transactions
- calculating prepayments and posting of monthly journals
- maintaining the firm’s fixed asset register and posting monthly depreciation journals.
- preparation and processing of monthly payroll
- preparation of various internal performance reports which form part of the firm’s management information systems
- assisting with credit control including preparing debt chasing letters, processing payments via credit/debit card, identifying client to office transfers and producing various departmental and monthly management debt reports.
- assisting in the preparation of year-end financial information for review by the firm’s accountants including calculation of the amounts receivable under contracts (often referred to as UITF40 WIP calculations).
A bit about what we need from you
- Experience of working in a busy accounts department
- Excellent attention to detail
- High level of numeracy
- Tidy and efficient record keeping
- Good telephone manner
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (the job involves some direct dealings with clients)
- Strong IT skills particularly in using Excel
Desirable skills (advantageous but not essential as training will be given):
- Similar experience of working in a legal or professional services environment
- Up-to-date knowledge of the SRA accounts rules
- Experience of using SOS Practice Manager or other legal accounting software
- Professional accounting qualification such as AAT, ILFM Associate or similar
A bit about us
Willans employs around 80 people at our four Regency offices overlooking the park on Imperial Square in Cheltenham. We provide a friendly and supportive working environment.
Contract: Permanent, subject to a satisfactory probationary period.
Hours per week: Monday to Friday 8.30am-5.15pm with an hour for lunch.
Start date: ASAP
Remuneration: As well as a competitive salary and pension, we offer a range of staff benefits including medical cover, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and excellent working conditions.
To apply please email your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com, for the attention of Bridget Redmond, managing partner.
Willans is an equal opportunities employer.
To find out how your personal data could be used as part of our recruitment process please read our privacy notice for candidates.