Willans celebrates strong showing in latest edition of Legal 500
Willans has once again been recognised as a strong player in the region in the latest edition of the Legal 500, published this week.
In total, eight teams are rated in the industry ‘bible’, including corporate & commercial, commercial property, human resources, property litigation, divorce and family law, personal tax, trusts & probate and charities.
- Our private client, wills, probate and trusts team improved their ranking, moving up to Tier 2, with the comment: “This ‘client-friendly’ team, led by Jenifer Gillman, is ‘good value for money’.
- Other teams retained their rankings. Clients commented that Paul Symes-Thompson’s company/commercial team “reacts admirably quickly” and gives “very relevant advice”.
- The ‘outstanding’ commercial property team, led by the ‘focused and knowledgeable’ Jonathan Mills was noted for its work in advising Gloucestershire College on site acquisition matters and increasing work for borrowers and lenders on development finance matters. .
- Within the litigation team, partner Paul Gordon is noted for being ‘not easily intimidated’, and clients have ‘great confidence’ in partner Nick Cox who ‘deals with matters efficiently’ and has a ‘practical common-sense approach’.
- The employment law team were noted for their successful practice in the engineering and aerospace sectors.
- Clients described divorce & family law partner James Grigg as ‘commercial, robust and very professional’.
Commenting on the latest edition of Legal 500, senior partner Jonathan Mills said: “As a firm we are delighted with this year’s results. We have continued to gain a high level of recognition and are clearly seen as a strong player in the region.”
If you need clear and pragmatic legal advice, we’re here to help so please get in touch.