Legal secretary (full-time)
We are a full-service law firm noted for giving expert, practical and personal service to local, national and international clients.
We have a solid reputation for providing first-class legal advice, high-calibre yet approachable lawyers, and exceptional client care to local, national and international clients.
Our dispute resolution team offers a high quality service for commercial clients and individuals and has an outstanding reputation for excellence, efficiency and results. Our aim is to provide a service to clients that is second to none.
A bit about the role
An opportunity has arisen for a friendly and motivated individual to join our highly regarded dispute resolution team as a legal secretary. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a professional firm where service is paramount.
You will be assisting the lawyers to deal with their large and varied caseloads. This will include:
- opening files and dealing with initial correspondence to clients and others and also compliance issues (such as anti-money laundering)
- audio typing and producing letters and documents
- preparation of court forms, trial bundles and submission of documents via the HMCTS portal
- liaising with the firm’s accounts department regarding payments and receipts relating to client matters and producing invoices
- subject to supervision, liaising with clients and third parties as directed.
A bit about what we need from you
- You may have worked in a dispute resolution department before, and you may have some familiarity with this area of work (but this is not essential if you are motivated and keen to learn).
- You will be proactive, motivated, and highly organised, with an ability to manage your workload effectively and efficiently.
- You will have excellent communication skills since the role will involve plenty of contact with clients, estate agents, and other solicitors.
- You will be a team player.
- You will have good IT skills and have experience in using case management software (the firm uses SOS Connect).
- You will thrive on working hard and enjoy being in a very busy environment.
A bit about us
Willans employs around 80 people at our four Regency offices overlooking the park on Imperial Square in Cheltenham. We provide a friendly and supportive working environment, a competitive salary and pension scheme.
- Contract: Permanent, subject to a satisfactory probationary period.
Hours per week: Monday to Friday 9am-5.15pm with an hour for lunch.
- Start date: Asap
- Remuneration: As well as a competitive salary and pension, we offer a range of staff benefits including medical cover, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and excellent working conditions.
To apply please email us your CV with a covering letter for the attention of Bridget Redmond, our managing partner.Apply now
Willans is an equal opportunities employer.
To find out how your personal data could be used as part of our recruitment process please read our privacy notice for candidates.