We are a full-service law firm noted for giving expert, practical and personal service to local, national and international clients.
We are approachable lawyers and proud of our practical approach and high levels of personal service.
Our wills, trusts and probate team is one of the largest in the county and offers a high quality service on a wide range of private client issues including wills and lasting powers of attorney, trusts, inheritance tax planning, probate and Court of Protection work.
A bit about the role
Due to expansion of the team, an opportunity has arisen for a friendly and motivated individual to join our highly regarded wills, trusts and probate team as a legal secretary. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a professional firm where service is paramount.
You will be assisting the lawyers to deal with their large and varied caseloads. This will include:
- opening client files, dealing with initial correspondence with clients and third parties, taking responsibility for compliance including such as anti-money laundering checks
- audio and copy typing and producing letters and documents
- inputting financial and other data
- liaising with the firm’s accounts department regarding payments out and receipts relating to client matters and producing invoices.
A bit about what we need from you
- You will be proactive, motivated, and highly organised, with an ability to manage your workload effectively and efficiently.
- You will have excellent communication skills since the role will involve plenty of contact with clients and other solicitors.
- You will be a team player.
- You will have excellent IT skills and experience in using case management software is preferable (the firm uses SOS Connect, Intelliworks and Arken).
- You will thrive on working hard and enjoy being in a very busy environment.
- You may have worked in a wills, trusts and probate department before, and you may have some familiarity with this area of work (but this is not essential if you are motivated and keen to learn).
A bit about us
Willans employs around 80 people at our four Regency offices overlooking the park on Imperial Square in Cheltenham. We provide a friendly and supportive working environment, a competitive salary and pension scheme.
- Contract: Permanent, subject to a satisfactory probationary period.
Hours per week: Monday to Friday 9am-5.15pm with an hour for lunch.
- Start date: Asap
- Remuneration: As well as a competitive salary and pension, we offer a range of staff benefits including medical cover, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and excellent working conditions.
To apply please email us your CV with a covering letter for the attention of Bridget Redmond, our managing partner.Apply now
Willans is an equal opportunities employer.
To find out how your personal data could be used as part of our recruitment process please read our privacy notice for candidates.