Legal cashier/ accounts assistant vacancy (full-time FTC)
Please note, this vacancy is now closed
We are a full-service law firm noted for giving expert, practical and personal service to local, national and international clients.
We have a solid reputation for providing first-class legal advice, high-calibre yet approachable lawyers, and exceptional client care to local, national and international clients.
An opportunity has arisen for a friendly and motivated individual to join the accounts team on a fixed-term contact (maternity cover) to provide assistance to the accounts manager and colleagues in the day-to-day running of the team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a professional firm where service is paramount.
A bit about the role
The job will cover assistance with, but is not limited to:
- posting debits, credits and bills using a solicitors accounting software package
- cheque printing
- checking client ID details for money laundering purposes
- checking bills and completion statements
- inputting same day and three-day electronic payments
- interest calculations
- taking payments by debit/credit card
- filing and general clerical duties.
A bit about what we need from you
- Experience of working in an accounts department.
- Excellent attention to detail
- High level of numeracy
- Tidy and efficient record keeping
- Good telephone manner
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (the job involves some direct dealings with clients)
- Strong IT skills.
Desirable skills (advantageous but not essential as training will be given):
- Similar experience of working in a legal environment
- Up-to-date knowledge of the SRA accounts rules
- Experience of using SOS Practice Manager or other legal accounting software.
A bit about us
Willans employs around 80 people at our four Regency offices overlooking the park on Imperial Square in Cheltenham. We provide a friendly and supportive working environment.
Contract: 12-month fixed-term contract (maternity cover)
Hours per week: Monday to Friday 8.45am-5.15pm with an hour for lunch.
Start date: ASAP
Remuneration: As well as a competitive salary and pension, we offer a range of staff benefits including medical cover, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and excellent working conditions.
To apply please email your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, for the attention of Bridget Redmond, managing partner by Friday 31 July 2020.
Willans is an equal opportunities employer.
To find out how your personal data could be used as part of our recruitment process please read our privacy notice for candidates.