Mediation is an effective way of resolving disputes and has many advantages over litigation. It can be quicker, less stressful and cheaper than going to court.
With the substantial increases in court fees, as well as the reduction in the number of courts and their encouragement of mediation before a trial, our experienced mediators can provide a flexible, quick and cost effective approach to resolving all civil and commercial disputes of any size.
Mediation can also help businesses preserve commercial relationships with those with whom they are in dispute, as it needs a collaborative approach to reach a result. Once both parties have agreed on the issue, a contract is drawn up which is legally binding.
Mediation offers a number of advantages:
- It is flexible: arrangements can be made to discuss things which might be outside the scope of any formal dispute
- It is private and confidential: what is said at mediation stays at mediation
- It is quick: mediation is arranged to suit the parties and can often be set up in a matter of days
- It works: around 80% of mediations settle on the day or shortly afterwards, making it an attractive and highly effective way to resolve a dispute.
Why use our mediators?
- We pride ourselves on looking for solutions for our clients and that approach is ideally suited to mediation
- Our commercial and civil mediators have many years experience and have been recommended by Chambers and Legal 500, who praise us for our ‘high level of expertise' and that we ‘offer sound creative solutions to complex challenges'.
- Our Regency offices in central Cheltenham can host mediations
- We bring a breadth and depth of experience to disputes and a pragmatic approach to any mediation.