We understand how professional practices work, that individuals are at their heart, and that they need advisers who are professionals themselves. Our professional practices team members have the technical specialism and, vitally, the reputation for discretion, to meet that need throughout the lifespan of the practice.
Our clients include accountants, estate agents, financial advisers, patent attorneys, vets, doctors and more. We see it as a particular testament to the regard in which our lawyers are held, that other law firms, operating both nationally and internationally, choose to use our services for their own internal and external legal affairs.
We offer specialist, partner-led services in the following areas:
- formation and incorporation of partnerships, LLPs or limited companies
- partnership, LLP and shareholders’ agreements
- constitutional issues
- employment law, including legal status of salaried and fixed-share partners
- the hiring and exit of partners and other professional staff including restrictive covenants
- mergers, acquisitions and demergers
- establishment of new branches including property acquisition
- partnership disputes and winding up
- tax, wills and estate planning